Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Stone" and Other Thoughts

I watched Stone tonight. If stars Robert De Niro, Edward Norton and Milla Jovovich. A review will be coming, trust me. But it took me by surprise just what the film was like. I expected a movie about two characters playing off one another for a couple of hours, but I didn't expect it to get so philosophical and religious on me. By the end, I wondered if the film took a stand on any of that, and I think its last shot affirms that. I'll leave you to see it if it interests you, but that's what I'll be thinking about tonight.

I promised other thoughts. I'm sick. Not physically. Actually, I feel quite well right now in that regard. We finally got the treadmill up and running, so now I can finally use that. I get enough exercise as is, but really need better cardio and whatnot. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm sick of a lot of things in my life, and I'm not sure how much long I can go as I'm still going. I'm thinking of leaving the internet, at least, in my current position. I've thought about that for months now, and while it'll pain me to leave some of the people I know, it's causing me a lot of stress and absolutely no relief at the moment.

See, I have absolutely no social life outside of the internet. My current life consists of going to school. I just pay attention to the lectures there, and I talk to practically nobody. I have five classes, and I know maybe one person in one class by name, and even then, I talk to him maybe once a week. If that. Whenever I don't have class, if I can, I come home. I don't hang out with friends. I don't go out and do things. I come home. I leave to go to school or to do that soccer coaching thing.

If you're reading this, you probably got here from my Escapist profile. If that's the case, you probably know that I write film reviews. Daily. I don't mind this, and generally enjoy doing that. Posting them is another thing. Of all the sites I post my film reviews on, I get the most comments on The Escapist. I have a lot of support there. It's nice, and I thank you all (assuming more than one or two of you are reading this) for that support. But there are detractors as well. I take those kinds of comments very personally, even though I know that I shouldn't. Same thing goes with, as an example, being unfriended on The Escapist or even on something like Facebook. Sometimes, I won't notice because I've been known to friend people on The Escapist without actually talking to them. I didn't used to, but I do now due to a lack of time and the desire not to be rude. But if I did talk with you, and for no reason -- not even a fight or something -- I get unfriended, I take it hard. Like I said, I know I shouldn't, but I do.

This has happened in at least a couple of cases. Sometimes, the "friend" status is kept but it holds no bearing. If I'm no longer on friendly terms with you, for seemingly no reason, it feels really bad. This happened a couple of times in real life, and yes, it did hurt more there. But online counts for something for me. And I have lost the patience that I used to have.

But, like I said, this has been thought about for months, and I haven't done anything about it yet. So maybe this is just another empty thought. I haven't because I think I'll miss too much, and that's probably the truth. We shall see.

I'm rambling. I know. Essentially, I'm contemplating leaving most of the internet, at least, as it is right now. We'll see. I know that'll be disappointing for some, but I don't feel like me spending so much time on there is worth it for me. I need to make some changes, and this might have to be one of them.

Stay tuned.

Ciao,
Marter

1 comment:

  1. Do what you have to do buddy. I hope you don't leave but you'll never have to stay because of my desires. You are in control here and don't assume you're obligated to stay.

    Hell, I have similar thoughts regularly too <.<

    ReplyDelete