Friday, November 25, 2011

My First Game as Head Coach

This soccer season, I decided to coach soccer. Well, I was volunteered by my father and am now stuck with it. I'm not really complaining, but when I said "I might be able to help out if there's absolutely nobody else," I didn't mean "Offer my name right away." Oh well, c'est la vie. Anyway, he ended up being the head coach, while I'm the assistant. What does this mean? He talks to the referees before the game and gives our team a "pep talk," while I run practices, set-up the lines, and do most of the real coaching tasks.

He's not at soccer tonight. I get to be the head coach. That's fine. Our team isn't very good, and we're two players short tonight, so I doubt we'll win. We'll see. I have no expectations, except that it'll take approximately 3 hours of my life because we're playing down at the other end of the city and it takes about an hour to drive their. Oh well.

Ciao,
Marter

1 comment: