Tuesday, January 03, 2012

"Sucker Punch"

I lied. Well, I didn't intend to lie, but it turn out that way. After my post on New Year's, I claimed that Sucker Punch would be on TV and that I was going to go watch it. My Blu-ray hadn't arrived yet, and I was going to compare the theatrical and extended cuts anyway, so that seemed like a good idea.

Then, Movie Channel happened. For some unexplained reason, they decided to crop the HD feed of Sucker Punch. They made its aspect ratio 1.77:1, despite Sucker Punch being filmed at 2.40:1. That's a big difference. I hate that, and I refuse to watch movies when that type of thing happens. So, I didn't watch it. I spent New Year's doing nothing, going to be early, and then being woken up at both 12:00AM and 1:00AM thanks to "Happy New Year's" texts on my phone. I forgot to put it on vibrate.

Anyway, I did say this next post would be happy. I got my Blu-ray today. That made me happy. Gonna be watching it tonight. Should be fun.

Ciao,
Marter

1 comment:

  1. Well awesome then! I hate it when they mess with the aspect ratios. I loved Sucker Punch.

    ReplyDelete